[Visitors to Japan only] Tohoku Expressway Pass | Drive Plaza DoRaPuRa
[Customer Notice] We stopped accepting Expressway Pass applications!
To prevent the spread of new coronavirus infection, Japanese government has declared a state of emergency. According to the government's new policy, we stopped accepting Expressway Pass applications. Resumption of our Expressway Pass will be announced on our website.
*Please pass through an ETC lane at 20 km/h or less.
The Tohoku Expressway Pass is a special service that allows unlimited use of Tohoku expressways through the ETC system at a flat rate!
Please rent a designated ETC* card with a vehicle.
- ETC (Electronic Toll Collection) is a system that allows the use of an ETC card, properly equipped in vehicles, to pay expressway tolls through wireless communication at the tollgate without stopping the vehicle. This extremely convenient system bypasses the hassle of stopping the vehicle to pay.
Tohoku Expressway Pass is designed for visitors to Japan only.
Availability by Area
- Flat-rate pass and no other charges!
The pass user can drive on expressways at a flat rate as many times as they wish for two or more consecutive days up to fourteen days without worrying about additional charges.
- No worry about Japanese language!
With the ETC system, the pass user can use expressways without stopping at the tollgate for payment. This makes it easy for international visitors who have difficulty in communicating in Japanese to use expressways without being troubled by the language problem.
The pass user can reduce the travel time by using expressways and travel around a lot of appealing spots in the Tohoku region.
The pass is available only for visitors to Japan who hold a passport other than Japan.
However, Japanese citizens who have permanent residency in another country are also eligible (provided that he/she has a driver’s license acceptable in Japan). At the time of application, we will ask you to present your passport or a document that proves compliance with the conditions specified above, as well as a driver’s license.
- 2In line with the consumer tax rise from 8% to 10% to take effect from 1st October, 2019, the “Tohoku Expressway Pass” charge will change as follows.
|Consecutive Days||Price(yen)||(Reference)Per Day(yen)|
- Rental price for a vehicle and ETC card not included in the prices listed above.
- Extension not accepted in the middle of use period.
For example: Expressway regular tolls (Regular-sized car)
Sendai Airport→Matsushima (Matsushima Kaigan IC)
Sendai Airport→ Chusonji (Hiraizumi-Maesawa IC)
Sendai Airport→Yamadera (Yamagatakita IC)
Sendai Airport→Shirakami-Sanchi (Owani-Hirosaki IC)
For a list of participating offices,please click here
- Nippon Rent-A-Car Service Tohoku
- TOYOTA Rental &Leasing Aomori
- TOYOTA Rental &Leasing Iwate
- TOYOTA Rental &Leasing Akita
- TOYOTA Rental &Leasing Miyagi
- TOYOTA Rental & Leasing SENDAI
- TOYOTA Rental &Leasing Yamagata
- TOYOTA Rental &Leasing Fukushima
- TOYOTA Rental &Leasing Shin-Fukushima
- Budget Rent a Car
- Orix Rent a Car
- JR East Rental & Lease
- NISSAN Rent a Car
- Times Car RENTAL
Agreement for Use
content for you