1. Always insert your ETC card all the way into the slot and remember the expiration date!
Securely insert your ETC card into the vehicle onboard device. Be sure to remember your ETC card expiration date.
If you forget to insert your ETC card or allow it to expire, the tollgate bar will not operate and you will have to stop the car.
2. Check which lanes allow ETC!
Before entering, check which lanes allow payment by ETC.
Be aware of ETC lane directions, signals, and signs as you proceed through the tollgate.
3. Do not exceed 20 km/h when entering the lane!
Enter at less than 20 km/hour and drive slowly through the ETC lane.
The ETC system requires that you enter at less than 20 km/hour and drive slowly through the ETC lane.
Carelessly entering the wrong lane or forgetting to insert your card can result in unforeseen delays such as preventing the tollgates from opening and closing and blocking the cars behind you. Therefore, to ensure the safety of yourself and others, please always reduce speed to less than 20 km/hour and drive slowly through the ETC lane.
4. Maintain a safe distance between vehicles!
Always maintain a safe vehicle distance when in the ETC lane
5. Be sure to check the roadside display monitor and the position of the ETC bar!
Drive slowly through the ETC lane and always check the roadside display monitor and the position of the ETC bar as you go through the lane.
6. You can also use the ETC lane at Exit tollgates.
What to do if the ETC bar does not open
- An attendant speaks to the driver through the intercom.
- A toll pass ticket is issued, which you take from the green automatic ticket machine.
- You cannot travel through the ETC lane at the exit.
Enter a general lane and hand your toll pass ticket and ETC card to the tollgate attendant.
- An attendant speaks to the driver through the intercom. Please turn on your hazard lights and wait.
- An attendant comes to the car. Please follow the attendant’s instructions.
- Hand your ETC card to the tollgate attendant. The attendant will calculate your toll.
The attendant will ask you at what time and at which tollgate you entered the expressway.
Caution! Even if the tollgate bar does not open, never move your vehicle backwards.